It is important to adhere to the following trips in order to make your trip safe and fruitful. Africa is a very harsh country, therefore you need to pack appropriately and travel according to the international guidelines to enjoy the Kruger National Park to its full potential.
Best Time to Travel
The time of the travel would heavily depend upon what you wish to accomplish on this trip. The dry winter season is considered to be great for Wildlife viewing. The dry winter season starts from May to September. The vegetation thins out and the animals also come to congregate that provides the visitors with perfect opportunity to experience them in their national habitat. The mosquitoes are also very rare in this season. The campsites are also not filled and provide you with an opportunity to relax and enjoy Kruger National park.
While the season from October to April tends to be a very wet season, when the area experiences most of its rainy season. The vegetation is also thick that makes it difficult to spot animals, but it is perfect time to see many newly born animals. It is also considered a great season for bird watching as the area hosts a lot of migratory animals.
- It is strictly prohibited for the visitors to be outside the camps at night times. Only the guided safaris or car tours operate at night. Any visitors found breaking this rule are fined very heavily.
- It is also not recommended to travel to the park from Johannesburg at night, because of the poor conditions and visibility on the roads.
- When it comes to packing, you should pack sturdy yet comfortable clothes to ensure comfort and protection. Malaria is very prevalent in the area, therefore you should pack proper repellents to protect yourself.
- The animals should be approached with caution and under the supervision of the guides.
- You should also pack a good, detailed map with a GPS device to safely travel in the area.