Best time to travel
The weather in Fernando de Noronha remains fairly consistent throughout the year with very high humidity. The islands have two main seasons, Dry and wet. In the dry season the weather remains pleasant and warm while in the wet season the island experiences rains as well as strong winds.
Most of the tourist choose to visit the islands in December to February. The islands are protected under the local wildlife preservation laws, therefore only a limited number of people are allowed on the islands in a given season. The travelers are also charged preservation tax based on the time of their stay.
The rainy season usually lasts from January to August while the dry period lasts from September to December. The islands remain fairly peaceful throughout the year and the limitation of travelers imposed also keeps the beaches open and less busy.
- The longer you stay the more preservation tax you would have to pay therefore it is recommended to plan your trip ahead of time in order to do as much as you can in shortest span of time.
- The visitors are not allowed to wear sunscreen or other types of lotions when snorkeling or swimming in the water in order to prevent the introduction of harmful chemicals in the water.
- Most of the beaches don’t have provision for shade, therefore you need to take your own provisions.
- In the peak time of travel the local inns get filled up very quickly therefore you should make you booking in advance.
- The Archipelago has a very warm weather therefore you should pack casual and comfortable clothes with long sleeves to protect yourself against the sunburn.
- When eating seafood ensure that it is fresh and has been properly cooked to avoid any kind of harm.